Web Producer, CTV Edmonton, Bell Media
Req Id: 366088
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Web Producer - Digital Content
Status: Regular Full Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week – shift pattern may contain weekends, early mornings and evenings. Overtime as required.
CTV News Edmonton is seeking a Producer with a digital focus, who thrives on breaking news, in-depth journalism, and quality reporting to write and generate original stories and other content for all digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a wire service or digital news operation
- The producer will be responsible for writing at least 5-7 news stories per day, updating them with the latest information
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards of all material on the site (headlines, photos, captions, video, etc.)
- Copy editing stories for grammar and accuracy
- Work may include visualizations in infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
- Monitoring and publishing wires, with an eye to SEO, keywords and social sharing
- Managing multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others) and when required, sending news alerts to mobile apps
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have an excellent command of the English language, and an ability to write accurate and engaging headlines. Experience writing news stories is an asset
- Ability to work under constant tight deadlines; time management skills and multi-tasking abilities are essential
- Must be familiar with Canadian Press Style Guide and Canadian libel law
- Degree in journalism preferred
- Television experience an asset
- Must have strong copy editing skills, clear and concise writing ability, excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well individually or in a team
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop and other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Familiarity with newsroom management systems (e.g. iNews, etc.) and video encoding/format transferring an asset
- Knowledge of television production procedures, terminology and equipment capabilities. Knowledge of html code, and Polopoly an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment with emphasis on internal assistance
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/04/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, AB, Edmonton
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.