Traffic and Segment Anchor, CTV Morning Live, Vancouver
Req Id: 338941
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Role: CTV Morning Live Vancouver is seeking a full-time Traffic Anchor / Reporter to join our dynamic team located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The successful applicant will be accountable for delivering engaging live traffic reports on CTV Morning Live and will help contribute to the success of the overall show.
- Anchoring and producing multiple live traffic reports on CTV Morning Live
- Delivering live traffic reports on Bell Media radio stations
- Monitoring local traffic cameras, radio, and social media to update reports
- Participating in host chats & segments
- Originating, researching, and executing news and feature story ideas
- Contributing to daily story meetings
- Representing CTV Vancouver at community events
- Other related duties as required
- Minimum two years television/broadcast on-air newsroom experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented newsroom environment
- Familiarity with Vancouver and the province of British Columbia
- Knowledge of local highways and traffic patterns
- Experience interviewing guests in a live setting
- Strong on-air presentation, organizational, leadership/management, written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success in the development/implementation of creative concepts
- Ability to work effectively on several projects simultaneously
- Previous traffic reporting experience preferred
- Broad knowledge of news/current affairs, well-developed editorial judgment and visual sense
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 04/27/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, BC, Vancouver
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.