Freelance Announcer, Board Operator, Bell Media
Req Id: 366852
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Title: Freelance Announcer, Board Operator, Bell Media
Job Status: Temporary – Full Time
Location: 435 Bernard Avenue. Kelowna, BC
About the team
Bell Media Kelowna is looking for a Freelance Announcer / Board Operator! We need an energetic and passionate Announcer / Operator to join our team supporting live shows in studio and out in our community at remote broadcasts and events. Shifts include daytime and evening weekend shifts (limited weekday shifts available).
- Downloading audio files from internet websites and copying and processing (“dubbing”) these files
- Operating master on-air control room when the radio station is “on-location” for remote broadcasts
- Download programming and commercial files and import them into local servers for broadcast
- Host on air program on a casual, fill-in basis
- Prepare and plan for the show as required including producing interactive content
- Promotional and publicity responsibilities for Bell Media as required and assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong computer skills and understanding of digital audio recording
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage several tasks simultaneously
- A full and unrestricted Class 5 drivers’ licence with a clean drivers’ abstract is required
- Post-secondary education in broadcasting or equivalent
- Energetic, positive, hard-working and self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary - Part time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Kelowna
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, BC, Kelowna
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.