Financial Analyst, Bell Media
Req Id: 358192
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, out-of-home advertising, and digital media. This role provides an opportunity to work in the engaging, dynamic and fast paced environment of radio broadcasting. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the financial operations of radio stations in the province of Quebec. If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
As part of the BCE head office team, Bell Media's finance group plays a key role in the business.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information
- Prepare month-end entries
- Update financial forecasts for income and expenses
- Participate in the preparation of budgets
- Analyze financial variances against budgets, forecasts and previous years
- Support operations managers
- Prepare monthly commission statements for advertising consultants
- Perform monthly reconciliation of provision accounts
- Perform various financial analysis
- Support the corporate and regional finance group
- Vehicle fleet management, budget and forecast according to IFRS-16 standards
- Invoicing of sublease rents
- Participate in special projects on an ad hoc basis
- Completion or near completion of professional accounting designation program CPA
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, take ownership of issues and see through to resolution
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) skills; ability to communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner to the relevant audience
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical to performance success
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, manage competing priorities and balance multiple deliverables
- Ability to drive results while fostering a positive and collaborative work environment
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office products, with high intermediate or advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Broadcast Media experience would be an asset
- Working knowledge of SAP/BW, BPC
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/09/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.