Req Id: 359953
At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
Who you’ll work with.
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions to drive our business forward. Having clear, collective and meaningful values are critical to winning as individuals, as a team and as a company. They are the foundation of our commitment to being a great place to work and becoming the customer’s consumer electronics and communication store of choice!
The career you want.
The Financial Analyst, Reporting is a critical team member responsible for supporting accounting and reporting functions including but not limited to payroll, capital, account reconciliations, consolidated financial statement analysis, project support and testing.
- Own and maintain Payroll reporting and reconciliation including payroll taxes, payroll analysis, benefit and provincial government remittances.
- Own and maintain the financial reporting of our foreign subsidiary which includes priming annual external audit.
- Own and maintain the Fixed Asset Management module within PeopleSoft, various capex reports and schedules including analysis and investigation of transactions and balances.
- Key member of monthly financial statement close process responsible for timely and accurate completion of journal entries, submission of financial results, supporting schedules and variance analysis.
- Control the completion of all scheduled balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis. This includes assessing balances for reasonableness and leading investigations and resolution of issues identified through the reconciliation process.
- Support various projects by providing accounting requirements, participating in process and system design and owning system testing for Finance.
- Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives, identifying areas of potential efficiency gains.
- Perform adhoc analysis and investigations as required to support Finance reporting and decision making.
Skills we’re looking for.
- CPA or CPA Candidate with post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office experience (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with tenacity to resolve issues independently
- Critical thinking with a passion for understanding and improving end to end processes
- Results oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize concurrent deliverables and consistently deliver on time with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an effective ability to work with and gather information from various teams
It’s all about you.
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at The Source including a robust extended medical and dental benefits plan, RRSP contribution matching program and three weeks’ vacation to start! If that’s not enough, we also have a number of great places to work initiatives including an extensive recognition and rewards program, career advancement opportunities, awesome training programs, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, employee discounts!
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/05/2022
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements.