Developer, Software Full Stack
Req Id: 352456
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
About the Team:
Bell is changing and we’re seeking new talented individuals to accelerate this transformation. Gone are the days of the traditional telecommunications, today is the era of innovation. Be ready to experience fun, to explore new technologies and learn every day.
At the forefront of our transformation, our team is responsible for the development and operations the network automation platform supporting Bell’s SDN and NFV network strategy. In this role looking for skills from both a software architect and network orchestration solution architect altogether. You’ll be in charge of the entire lifecycle development of innovative software solutions that will support our vision towards an automated, self-optimized and self-healed network. We are seeking a creative and innovative Senior Solution Architect who will help us build our future. Join the NSO team today!
About the Role:
As the Senior Solution Architect, you’ll be responsible for driving the architectural vision and technical roadmap of the team’s in-house built software applications. You’ll have the opportunity of collaborating with multiple teams across the organization to shape the roadmap of our tools.
If you’re an individual who enjoys keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and can come up with multiple technical solutions to reach a goal this is the position for you.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Own the team technology roadmap and align it with the overall the business direction
- Work with product owners to advise on the backlog priority by communicating the strategic benefits and application roadmaps
- Collaborate with teams to present potential technical solutions, clearly understanding the feasibility, benefits, and trade-offs of the proposed solutions
- Understand design implications on people, process, technology, and operational costs
- Research and evaluate a variety of software solutions based on business, technical, operational, security, budgetary and time constraints
- Directly contribute to the hands-on technical delivery alongside product teams as required providing design leadership and strategic advisory.
- Ensure a common understanding of the architectural vision by hosting workshops and creating documentation for the development teams, product owners and stakeholders.
- Drive the team to adopt best practices, implement internal guidelines and have a quality driven approach
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of internal processes, and drive continuous improvement
- Identify and recommend areas for further improvements by participating in design sessions, proof of concept initiatives and process improvement decisions.
- Foster an environment oriented on trust, knowledge sharing, creative thinking and cohesive team effort
Critical Skills/ Competencies:
- 1-5 years of software engineering and development experience with a university degree in software/computer engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Able to understand high-level business needs and break it down to the technical level
- Great team player able to work well with others and communicate ideas effectively
- Independent, self-starter, willing to take the responsibility of driving software architecture and engineering best practices in the team
- Can slice and dice a business/system problem into an easy modular and maintainable solution with your team
- Can design and deliver E2E software solutions
- Adaptable, demonstrating good judgement and strong critical thinking skills
- Enjoys learning and experimenting with new technology
- Ability to work at the conceptual and physical level
- Hands-on software development experience
- Deep understanding of modern architecture frameworks, patterns, and methodologies with ability to practically apply these principles
- Experienced with various software and project management practices such as agile, scrum, code testing and source code management
- Solid knowledge of cloud-based and microservices architecture
- Experienced with setting up containerized environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on DevOps experience
- Telecommunications knowledge
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/17/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Verdun
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.