Broadcast IT Technician, Vancouver, Bell Media
Req Id: 359531
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Broadcast IT Technician - Radio & TV
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours as required
Bell Media Vancouver is seeking a full-time Broadcast IT Technician to join our highly talented and creative Engineering team. This position is located in downtown Vancouver and is supported by our Director of Engineering. In Engineering, our goal is to continuously ensure that programs are broadcast on time and to the highest levels of quality for our facilities in British Columbia. If you have a passion for the world of broadcasting and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you may be needed to provide on-call work either at the office or at a remote location, then we want you on our team!
- Support the design, installation and maintenance of IT systems in the Radio / TV studio and transmitter broadcast facilities
- Support the design, installation and maintenance of Production IT systems (including Servers, Workstations, Cloud Services, WAN, LAN)
- Arrange remote Video and Audio remote broadcast circuits
- Provide technical assistance to staff as required
- Assist in light building maintenance
- Assist in preparing capital and operating budgets
- Perform on-call duties as scheduled and related duties as assigned
- Critical competencies:
- Post-secondary education specializing in Broadcast Technology
- Minimum of 5 years in Radio / TV broadcast IT systems support
- English fluency
- Knowledge of TV and Radio transmitters, etc. considered an asset
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service and communicate well with various stakeholders
- Ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Outstanding team player with an ability to work well independently
- Positive, professional and friendly manner with a customer service approach
- Proven ability to multitask with accuracy
- Ability to travel, as required, to support and maintain studio and transmission facilities
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 05/08/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, BC, Vancouver
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.