Associate Provisioning and Activation, Seasonal
Req Id: 367055
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
Job location address: 1235 Boundary Road, Oshawa
Job status: Temporary / Summer Student
Date candidate required: May 2022
Approximative end date: Beginning September 2022
Name and description of the hiring department:
Contractor Quality Management Centre provides first line support to Field Operations & their Contractors in Ontario. Responsibilities involve the creation, configuration, customization, and implementation of various processes. Our goal is to organize and distribute the workload to the various Contractors regarding installations FTTH/BF and GF new subdivisions.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
The associate of the CQMC is responsible for ensuring new GF Subdivisions are distributed to the Contractor in the early development planning stage and co-ordinate the Fibre drop placements ahead of the Customer Due Dates. Subsequently BTS Techs call an 800 line if problems arise on the DD. The associate is responsible for ensuring a constant response on the queue. The associate will resolve and support technicians facing several issues requiring knowledge such as repair, installation, fiber, high speed, etc., while taking action in several systems. The primary responsibility of the associate is the co-ordination of Fibre placement by Contractors from Planning to Billing and answering the Techs calls in a timely manner that will allow the technician to give good customer service.
- Answer calls from technicians to resolve and coordinate on line activities related to installation and repair.
- Investigate the orders and the course of provisioning throughout the various systems in order to find anomalies
- Provide the assignment, programming and activation of various complex network orders within the parameters of behavioral and technical quality
- Adhere to the Works Schedule
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Obtained High school diploma
- Experience in CMS is critical
- Adaptability to change
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate Excel
- Ability to communicate with multiple hierarchies efficiently
- Ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously
- Customer Focus
- Ability to work in queue environment.
- English 5-5-5
- Ease of learning
- Ability to conceptualize new concepts learned and put into practice
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Knowledge of External Network
- Current hours of operation will remain, however hours are subject to change
- Hours of operation 7:30am through 3:30pm Monday to Friday
- Based on business needs hours of operation are subject to change
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Summer Student
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Oshawa
Application Deadline: 05/01/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Oshawa
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.