Canada Waypoint Operator Specialist
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through in-person field and sales calls
• Foster continuous development and growth of priority operator accounts
• Assist with vendor fairs, distributor sales meetings, food shows and industry trade events
• Ensure continuous client product knowledge and training
• Manage DSR
• Manage sales sample order process
• Troubleshoot and respond to product complaints
• Maintain competitive pricing and new/discontinued item information
• Attend and provide support at manufacturer/distributor training events
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): CEGEP/High School Degree
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 1 Year of related experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
• Knowledge of foodservice industry
• Company policies and procedures
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email
• Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Creative problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability
• Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty
• Travel as appropriate
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Typically, requires the abilty to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may require the ability to lift up to 5kgs.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.