Vale Global Trainee Program
Vale’s Global Trainee Program is exciting for those who want to work at one of the largest mining companies in the world. For the company, it is also an opportunity to grow and improve with new talents, who will hold strategic positions in the future and support the cultural transformation of the company.
The candidate may choose whether to work in functional areas or in the production chain (mine, railroad, and port). Check out the prerequisites and more information about the program and sign up!
Here, trainees will be challenged daily during the 12 month program, working on projects of major relevance to the organization. As part of the program, trainees will have a deep understanding of the business, through job rotations, trips to Vale operations, and participation in global projects.
Throughout this journey, they will learn about Vale's operations and develop their career paths, technical skills and key leadership behaviors. At the end of the process, trainees will be allocated to different areas of the business, according to their interests, skills and performance.
Do you want to transform the future with us?
How Will We Grow Together?
Throughout the 12-month program, trainees will participate in behavioral and business-related technical development opportunities, according to their areas of expertise and career path interests.. They will also be involved in projects that aim to improve processes, flows, and operations among others. The program structure foresees activities, such as:
- Short-term job rotations in different areas (defined according to qualifications);
- Individual mentoring and coaching;
- Formal evaluation process with continuous feedback;
- Participation in global, digital, and multidisciplinary projects;
- Travel to the different operations areas of the company;
- Cultural exchange;
- Access to content, tools, and initiatives to help with career path management.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for professionals with the following profile:
- Graduation between May 2016 and May 2020
- Academic qualifications of any University degree
- Advanced or fluent English
- Willingness to travel and move to another city or country
- Compliance with Vale's values
- Team spirit
- Digital mindset
- Communication skills
- Strategic vision