Technical Analysts - Security (Co-Op)
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
AJ is one of our Technical Analysts - Security (Co-Op). He reports to the Team Leader Security within our Systems Operations department. He is responsible for Security Administration of all platforms (AS400, UNIX, Windows & Novel) and applications within the Systems Operations department. In his role, he is also responsible for Systems Operations Sarbanes-Oxley administration and provides level two support for security-related issues.
Having prior experience in security administration, he is highly knowledgeable about security access, controls, and documentations. When he first started with us, he was enrolled in a computer security technical program. He immediately applied what he was learning to his role and he continues to thrive every day.
Of course, AJ is a big fan of giveaways and contests. Mostly because he loves to win. A few months ago, he won a weekend getaway in Halifax and spent some time stretching his sea legs.
But still, this is AJ. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like AJ, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technical Analysts - Security (Co-Op), we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure internal Sarbanes Oxley and PCI IT controls are operating effectively and all documentations are available for internal and external auditors.
- Confirm that security access requests (all OS platforms and applications) are evaluated, created, monitored, logged, processed and auditable.
- Maintain security matrices along with the creation and maintenance of documentations of all security procedures.
- Develop measures to enforce information security policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and associated plans based on industry-standard best practices and SOX compliance.
- Implement and report on security system and end-user activity audits.
- Provide second-level support for security.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are currently enrolled in a computer security, systems administration or related technical program; ITIL certification or experience is an asset.
- You have working knowledge of security administration, security best practices, or related work experience.
- You have dedicated organizational and time management skills including the ability to multitask and adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- You have strong interpersonal skills including conflict management, information gathering, and team building to build collaborative working relationships.
- You have project support skills including maintaining detailed development plans for projects; understanding and applying principles of project control; and the ability to manage projects within one or more systems.
- Your problem-solving skills include analyzing information (client and system requirements and description of problems) and providing staff with solutions to challenges.
- Your customer service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate's inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building relationships with Associates; and resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.