Technical Analyst - Network & Telecom (Co-op)
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Cho is one of our Technical Analysts - Network & Telecom (Co-op). He's responsible for providing implementation and support of our network and telecom infrastructure. We work in an Avaya and Cisco environment. Cho also provides day-to-day 2nd/3rd level support for the systems infrastructure.
Of course, solving IT issues is an exciting challenge, but we're talking about a guy who built his own computer from miscellaneous parts and cast offs found at garage sales-when he was 10 years old.
This is Cho. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Cho, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technical Analysts - Network & Telecom (Co-op), we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provide technical support to the helpdesk and other IT functions, including the server and network infrastructure.
- Complete documentation as per systems standards, including change control, capacity planning, disaster recovery and performance management.
- Maintain the corporate network and telecom infrastructure.
- Ensure the stability of the Company's systems environment through regular maintenance, testing and implementing of new technologies.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are currently enrolled in a Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or related technical program; ideally, you are also pursuing one or more of the following: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), IBM Certification or CompTIA Network+.
- You have working knowledge of network and telecom; experience in administration in Cisco and Avaya preferred and knowledge of MS Visio is also an asset.
- You have intermediate knowledge of multiple Cisco networking and Windows 2003/2008; any knowledge of Active Directory environment and OS level security administration would be an asset.
- You have desktop support skills in a Windows 7 environment.
- You enjoy working in team environments and building collaborative relationships with Associates and Vendors.
- You have excellent issue management skills, conflict management skills, and problem solving skills.
- You have proven information gathering skills; familiarity with ITIL and ITIL methodologies would be an asset.
- You have verbal and written communication skills (and the ability to produce technical documentation).
- Your customer service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise, etc.
- You are highly organized and demonstrate strong time management skills through your ability to multitask and adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- You are proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project and Outlook.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.