Technical Analyst - Infrastructure (Co-op)
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Rick is one of our Technical Analysts-Infrastructure in our co-op program. He is responsible for providing administration, implementation, and support for the following areas: server infrastructure (Windows 2003/2008), VMware/Vsphere, VMware View, Citrix XenServer/XenApp as well as XenDesktop. As if that weren't enough, he enjoys the challenge of managing multiple projects in order to provide 2nd and 3rd level support that helps improve the systems infrastructure.
Considering that he came to us while still enrolled in his computer systems coursework at university, Rick was eager to get involved and also to apply his knowledge from the classroom. He has maintained our data center and server environment with such expertise that it helps us all sleep easy at night.
Speaking of sleep, Rick is a night owl. He knows his biological clock is one system that's pretty much out of his control. He'll be the first to tell you that studies show that night owls are able to stay more focused throughout the day. Take that, early birds.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Rick, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Technical Analysts we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provide technical support to the helpdesk and other IT functions, including the server and network infrastructure.
- Complete documentation as per systems standards including change control, capacity planning, disaster recovery, and performance management.
- Maintain the corporate server, data center, and network infrastructure.
- Ensure the stability of the systems environment through regular maintenance, testing, and implementing of new technologies.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are currently enrolled in a technical program related to computer systems or systems administration.
- You have working knowledge of desktop operating systems, including Windows 7.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to produce technical documentation and present project status to senior executives is needed.
- You can apply your customer service skills to effectively respond to Associate inquiries by identifying stated and unstated needs in a way that also builds relationships.
- Your organizational and time management skills include the ability to multitask in the work place and adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- You are proficient with Microsoft office suite, including skills with word processing and spreadsheets.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.