Store Systems Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working as a Store Systems Coordinator with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Store Systems Coordinators, she provides systems support to the stores in her region. Among other things, she reviews calls to the Help Desk, contacts the store when necessary, and follows up to ensure everyone received the help they need. She had a year of experience before coming to us, and though she hadn't worked with our particular systems, she learns systems and technologies at such a quick rate that she had no trouble at all.
Beyond being a fast-learner, Sloan has a heart of gold. How else can we explain why she volunteers 20 hours a week? Sloan gives so much to charity that it must be in her DNA. Otherwise it just seems so, unnatural.
Still, this is Sloan. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Sloan, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Systems Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Follow up on any open tickets that have been escalated
- Make recommendations and provide documentation to improve checklists, and process for first- and second-level troubleshooting
- Escalate problems to Regional Specialist
- Contact stores to troubleshoot and resolve issues and takes necessary action
- Conduct on-site visits to stores when necessary to resolve outstanding issues
- Follow up with stores to ensure that their replacement equipment is working and that defective equipment is returned promptly to the depot
- Ensure all escalated problems are fixed accurately and efficiently
- Conduct occasional shipping and receiving
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your college diploma
- You have at least one year of related experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You can analyze information (i.e., client and system requirements, description of problems), and identify and correct errors
- Your time-management skills include the abilities to multitask, and prioritize, gather information, and follow up on documentation
- You have strong written- and verbal-communication skills
- Your computer skills include word processing, spreadsheets, and email, as well as basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You pay close attention to detail and possess strong organizational skills
- You have the capacity to quickly learn new systems and technologies
- You have full knowledge of the capabilities of the call-tracking system and of the systems processes relating to the function surrounding the systems
- You can succeed in an extremely fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities
- You have the ability to diffuse confrontational calls from upset users and remain calm
- You have a valid driver's license (local, regional travel may be required)
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.