Social Media Marketing Intern
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Dobbs is our Social Media Marketing Intern. He's responsible for supporting activities on TJX social media platforms, under the supervision of the social media team. He assists with creative development for social media pages and supports backend execution of on-going programs.
Dobbs leverages best practices in social media to help develop beautiful content that drives engagement with fans on our WINNERS, HomeSense and Marshalls social platforms.
This is Dobbs. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Dobbs, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as our Social Media Marketing Intern, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Support internal content creation efforts by assisting team with in-house shoots, including managing assets, propping and shooting.
- Assist with post-production efforts to create social content customized for different platforms in the form of photos, video and more.
- Assist with day-to-day platform management tasks.
- Support contest execution and fulfillment.
- Track analytics and results for analysis.
- Researching programming opportunities.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are experienced in using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube for marketing.
- You use social content tools, such as Flipogram, Vine, Layout, etc.
- You have experience or training on digital photographic shoots - shooting, propping and editing.
- You have a high-level of aesthetics, with an excellent design sense.
- You have experience in styling fashion looks or trends (portfolio samples preferred).
- You have proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- You have the ability to prioritize projects and multi task.
- You work well independently and within a team environment.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills.
- You have superior communication skills both verbal and written.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.