Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Sample Coordinators, Caitanya organizes, maintains, and executes the flow of home-office samples to stores and charity organizations for all of the chains beneath the TJX Canada umbrella. She processes samples from the buyers, which includes picking up the samples and delivering them, opening them when necessary, packaging and shipping the samples to vendors or stores, maintaining and cleaning the sample rooms, and more.
Of course, as a person who grew up with five younger sisters, she's used to coordinating lots of different things for lots of different people.
That's what makes her Caitanya. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Caitanya, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Sample Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure the timely flow of home-office samples to buyers, stores, and charity organizations by sorting, ticketing, labeling, and packaging all merchandise
- Determine the appropriate chain the merchandise should be sent to and determine if an item should be held based on seasonality
- Pick up and distribute samples to respective floors
- Assist with processing buyer samples by opening packages for buyers' packaging and shipping back samples to vendors; also, assist the merchandise assistants with cleaning up pre-production and production sample-flow
- Clean out buyer sample-rooms and organize samples for special projects and/or strategy meetings
- Other duties as assigned, including P.O. filing, faxing, etc.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have experience in a professional, office-based environment, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess strong communication and organizational skills
- You know what it means and have the skills to follow through
- You are self-motivated and independent, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- You pay close attention to detail
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.