Production Support Allocators
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Wyatt is one of our Production Support Allocators. He's responsible for the timely allocation of merchandise within the context of the weekly shipping strategy. He came to us with sharp problem-solving skills. When it comes to identifying challenges, communicating issues in a timely manner, or collaborating to find the best solutions, it's no problem.
This is Wyatt. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Wyatt, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Production Support Allocators we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure all department merchandise is allocated to the right stores within planning and allocation shipping guidelines.
- Effectively solve problems and communicate issues that impact a 4-hour turnaround of allocations; escalate problems to production support manager or supervisor as necessary.
- Coordinate with allocation analysts and distribution associates to resolve outstanding issues and develop expertise for allocating specific, complex departments.
- Use various business tools to analyze and make recommendations then partner to make effective decisions.
- Prioritize and expedite allocations with efficiency and accuracy to support consistent and timely flow of merchandise to stores.
- Develop technical expertise with distribution applications to achieve optimal allocation standards.
- Establish positive relationships with various business partners including planning and allocation, product safety and compliance and distribution centers.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have completed (or in pursuit of) your post-secondary education or you have related work experience.
- You have proven ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision making.
- You possess strong problem solving skills including the ability to identify options and partner to determine optimal course of action.
- You work with a strong attention to detail.
- You are flexible to changing priorities.
- You work with a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- You have effective interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- You enjoy working with minimal supervision in a collaborative team environment.
- You have intermediate computer skills including MS Excel and merchandise distribution programs.
- Knowledge of retail industry considered an asset.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.