Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Doris is a Merchandise Assistant. She's responsible for providing operations support to buyers. She's responsible for creating purchase orders and providing ongoing communication with vendors regarding shipments, changes and additional inquiries, tracking of merchandise and purchase order modifications. Yes, she does it all.
Doris is a problem-solving sleuth. She investigates and resolves challenges daily. Okay, hourly. Of course, we also call her the chameleon because it's amazing how quickly she adapts from one situation to the next.
This is Doris. She is definitely one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Doris, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Assistants, we'd ask you to do the following:
Accurately create purchase orders ensuring optimum flow of goods; complete all necessary letter of credit information if applicable and obtain authorization
Monitor and execute purchase order review on a daily basis.
Complete all purchase order modifications.
- Provide follow up and action exception reporting using Milestone Visibility on a daily basis.
- Organize and maintain merchandise samples and assist in the pre-production sample process.
- Complete sell-through analysis using the Buyer Control File system and create excel spreadsheets for buyer use on vendor visits and strategies.
- Work with internal departments to resolve issues (i.e. pre-ticketing, invoice issues, purchase order movement).
- Provide timely communication with internal and external customers.
- Perform general office functions.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have completed or you're currently pursuing a Fashion diploma/degree or Business Administration Management Studies diploma; one year of related work experience in a retail or corporate environment is considered an asset.
- You have an interest in working with products and a basic understanding of key factors: brands, fashion, quality and pricing.
- You have effective interpersonal communication and written skills.
- You work independently and require minimal supervision.
- You possess a strong attention to detail.
- You have superior problem solving and solution management skills.
- You have strong computer skills in Excel & MS Office.
- You can leverage your understanding of reporting and numerical statistics to assist in decision making.
- You can handle multiple priorities and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- You demonstrate a high level of customer service when dealing with internal and external parties.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.