Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Erwin is one of our Maintenance Specialists. He's responsible for providing support to all Stores. He resolves issues pertaining to contract maintenance. On any given day he could be tracking and coding invoices, doing monthly maintenance accruals, assisting with maintenance budgets, service analysis, filing and sorting paperwork, or providing clerical support for the department.
Some people are just good with numbers. Erwin? He's great with numbers. The one thing he refuses to count is calories. He prefers to count reps at the gym instead. Physical maintenance is important, too. We get it.
This is Erwin. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Erwin, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Maintenance Specialists, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Oversee contract vendors and accounts, including maintaining all contract files, ensuring that all services and contracts are implemented according to the contracts specifications, and analyzing specifications for maximum service and cost control.
- Ensure that all Stores have support when a maintenance issue arises with any contract vendor (i.e. cleaners, waste management, pest control, etc.).
- Coordinate in-store projects to ensure they do not interrupt the daily operations of the store (i.e. strip and wax, fire protection testing, etc.).
- Code invoices to maintain tracking and ensure none are missing; check accuracy of pricing.
- Complete monthly accruals and assist with monthly review of maintenance accounts in financials for accuracy and completeness; vendor statement reconciliation.
- Assist with preparation of budgets for contract maintenance accounts.
- Perform analysis of maintenance expenses.
- Assist in responding to Stores standard maintenance requests.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have at least two years of related Financial and Administrative work experience with a minimum of a College diploma required in Business or Accounting.
- You have strong computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail); experience with database or accounting software would be an asset.
- Your organizational skills include prioritizing tasks and time management (i.e. completing projects on time and working with short timeframes).
- You have a strong understanding of financial month end procedures.
- You have strong problem solving, analytical, research and mathematical skills (identifying problems, analyzing possible solutions, and repairing and maintaining fixes).
- Your administrative skills include filing, word processing, and processing purchase orders.
- You have great interpersonal and issue management skills for information gathering and customer service.
- Your communications skills include written and verbal (internal communication with all levels of the organization; external communication with Store Associates and vendors).
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.