Loss Prevention Store Investigator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the Thrill of the Find, which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin - not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
As one of our Loss Prevention Store Investigators, Colt's responsible for detecting and apprehending people or persons committing theft and fraud against our stores. He investigates, identifies, and reports issues regarding external theft and shrink causing issues impacting our stores. To succeed in his position, he has created effective partnerships with his Loss Prevention team members, Store Management, and outside agencies, including the police.
Of course, he also created an effective partnership with the sandwich place down the street, though that partnership is less about Loss Prevention and more about delectable pickles.
Still, this is Colt. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Colt, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Loss Prevention Store Investigators, wed ask you to do the following:
- Detect and apprehend people or persons committing theft and fraud against our stores and facilitate their civil and criminal prosecution.
- Complete the prosecution process, which includes reporting to police, filing case reports, attending court, and testifying as required.
- Investigate, identify, and report alert signals and issues to the appropriate members of Loss Prevention.
- Develop effective partnerships with other Loss Prevention members, store management and outside agencies, including the police.
- Disseminate appropriate intelligence to LP and stores via Supervisor.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your high school diploma (if you really want to impress us, you'll also have your diploma in Law and Security/Loss Prevention).
- You have at least one year of experience in Loss Prevention for retail and experience acting as a Store Investigator, experiences which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada.
- You currently have a provincial security license as required by the law (some provinces).
- You have proven success in resolving external theft and fraud issues.
- You possess strong working knowledge of Criminal Code and its application relating to crimes in a retail environment.
- You have knowledge of retail concepts.
- Your strong written-communication skills include the ability to write reports.
- You are able to pass a background screening prior to hire.
- You work extremely well under pressure.
- You are professional, friendly and approachable.
- You have a valid drivers license, good driving record, and access to a vehicle.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if were going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.