Expense Payable Analyst
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Jeremy is one of our Expense Payable Analysts. He's responsible for processing Non-Merchandise invoices, store petty cash, and employee expense claims in an accurate and timely manner. He is deadline driven and maintains positive relationships with vendors by leveraging his strong problem solving skills and ongoing statement reconciliation.
When Jeremy isn't processing a large volume of invoices, he cannot resist a day of fly fishing. He knows just how to read the water and pick the perfect fly. He's also an expert caster. Wading is his happy place.
This is Jeremy. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think ? Like Jeremy, are you one of us ?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Expense Payable Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Process all Non-Merchandise invoices to meet departmental goals and accounting period deadlines.
- Upload automated batches into ERP system.
- Check, correct and release Batch Edit Reports of an assigned Edit Partner or Partners.
- Special projects as assigned.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have your high school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- You have basic knowledge of the accounts payable function (vendor statements, invoices, purchase orders, receiving and requisition documents, expense reports, etc).
- You have basic computer skills including typing, word processing, spreadsheets (Excel), e-mail (Outlook), and accounting applications (Lawson).
- You demonstrate basic administrative skills, such as organizing and accurately processing invoices for payment, filing, and appropriate record keeping.
- Your problem solving skills include identifying and resolving problems with attention to detail.
- Your issue management skills include information gathering, customer service, and interpersonal skills including conflict management.
- You have basic time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing timelines to meet deadlines, identification and elevation of critical items to a higher priority when necessary, ensuring that special requests are met in a timely manner
- You have basic communication skills (written and verbal).
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.