Assistant Manager of Customer Service
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Luc is one of our Assistant Managers of Customer Service. He coordinates his store's training programs and performance reviews, and helps manage the day-to-day tasks of our associates. He also manages the service areas to ensure fast, efficient, and accurate service to maximize the customer experience. And because he came to us with two years of experience, he already had all the problem-solving and leadership skills we require.
Of course, he also had a few we don't require. For example, he can play Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 on the kazoo. It's really quite impressive.
That's Luc though. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Luc, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Managers of Customer Service, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and have full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM of Merchandise, AM of Operations, and the Store Manager
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards, and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards
- Manage service areas to ensure fast, efficient, and accurate service that maximizes the customer experience
- Develop a team of effective Service Area Associates, and assist in the recruiting, coaching, training, and development of the Customer Service Coordinator and Service area associates, including training on policies, procedures, and the proper use of register equipment, as well as specialized technical (jewelry, fitting room, etc.) and customer-service training
- Direct work assignments in key customer-service areas
- Oversee and manage the maintenance of the store
- Maximize Store Sales opportunities (both current and future) to achieve our Sales Plan, and maximize administration efficiencies to allow leadership time to drive sales
- Exercise discretion regarding customer-service policies in order to satisfy customers, address immediate customer-service issues, and provide appropriate coaching
- Lead and conduct daily huddles in conjunction with the Management team
- Manage store visitors, using this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in customer service
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've done enough mental heavy lifting to earn your high school diploma or GED
- You have two to three years of experience in customer service, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at WMI
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people, and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have such a high degree of problem-solving skills that puzzle makers use you to test their new ideas
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.