Junior/New Graduate Technical Customer Support Engineer
Solace is seeking a Technical Customer Support Engineer in our Kanata office to interact and support our customers on our products and any related software integration.
- Respond to customer inquiries to troubleshoot, manage and resolve customer issues pertaining to Solace Systems products and related software integration
- Assume ownership and responsibility of customer issues and work with engineering as required to drive to resolution
- Work with customers' technical staff in resolving hardware, software and networking issues
- Support Solace Systems sales and pre-sales staff in field trials and product demonstrations
- Provide 24/7 off-hours telephone support approximately once per month.
This is a junior to intermediate level position applicable to recent graduates and people with up to 5 years' experience.
- B.S. degree or higher in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
- Strong software development skills
- Exceptionally bright and talented with a passion for learning and software development
- Positive and customer-oriented attitude
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Programming experience in at least one of Java, C or .NET.
- Networking. Switching, Routing and a wide knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
As many as possible of the below:
- Unix / Linux System Administration
- Multi-threaded programming experience
- Message oriented middleware e.g. TIBCO EMS/RV, IBM MQ
- Knowledge of JMS