Service Desk - 4 Month Fall Co-op
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to make a difference to our clients each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on…
The service desk support analyst will triage and resolve as necessary daily issues generated from the ITSM system and local site.
- Identify and log user issues as they are reported
- Ensure user issues are followed up and resolved
- Work with team to improve process
- Respond to questions from callers and walk-ins; remotely assist staff with technology problems in offices and residence
- Install, repair, maintain, and upgrade all PC hardware, software and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance
- Lifting computers, printers, fax machines, etc. to other parts of the office
- Install, configure and repair network and local printers as necessary
- Image and set up PC’s for new employees and for use at meetings and conferences
- Create and provide training/how-to guides for multiple programs and processes
- Add new users and perform changes to user accounts in Active Directory
- Resolve technical issues that arise
- Assist in developing and maintaining new standardized metric reporting on a routine basis i.e., define, create, automate, and maintain operational cyclical reporting for our
- Currently enrolled in a Information Technology related program, specializing in Telecommunications, Internet Communication Technology or Computer Systems Technology at the junior or intermediate level with a co-op option
- In-depth knowledge of a technology environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions
- Good presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of the internet, ie how it’s used, how to navigate within it
- Excellent negotiating and facilitation skills
- A passion for technology is required
- Academic or work experience with the following
- Microsoft Office 2000, 2003, 2007, in particular, PowerPoint, Excel
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7
- Windows Server 2003, 2008
- Active Directory, Exchange 2007
- Systems Management Server
- Fax server, Nortel Handset Phones, Blackberry support
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a co-op at Softchoice!