Outside Sales Representative - Federal Government
Softchoice's mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 19,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they'd tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers' business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on...
As an Outside Sales Representative you are part of an integrated sales team providing exceptional service to Softchoice customers. You will be responsible for increasing Softchoice revenue and managing GP by generating new customer buying accounts. Your focus will be to drive net-new software and hardware business. You will also take over a base of accounts (approximately 15-20) with expectations to grow existing business. Local travel is required.
- Prospect, cold call and develop new business relationships/customer accounts via the Federal Government, Crown Corporations and Ottawa Based Ontario Public Sector including Governments, Higher Education and Healthcare. Manage monthly appointment activity and sales calls
- Provide consultation to customers regarding the purchase of both software, hardware and solutions that are relevant to the specific vertical and drive a proven business outcome.
- Educate customers on the value and necessity of licensing solutions
- Work closely with the professional services team to create and implement customized solutions for the client
- Follow up with current clientele to ensure strong service and to recognize opportunities to sell additional solutions or services
- Present and market Softchoice's customer centric sales model
- Market and leverage our vendor/distribution channel partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers
- Work with internal sales and operational groups to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Keep updated on product and industry knowledge
- Contribute to an participate in the ongoing development of our vertical specific strategy and issues impacting the industry
- Understand the competitive landscape within the vertical with Public Sector
- Attend product training as required
- Maintain a stellar relationship with peers and the Outside sales team from your region
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service and relationship build
- Understanding of solution selling and creating value for business clients
- Solid business acumen and understanding of how to manage a sales funnel.
- Established and proven relationship management at the CxO level within the Public Sector account base in Ottawa
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of IT principles specifically as it relates to Microsoft solutions, Datacenter solutions and Unified communications Solutions.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Proficiency in MS Office tools - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in the Technology industry preferred
On top of this we offer:
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Competitive commission structure
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Leadership training program
- Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Celebrate the beginning of the month with "Beer Cart Fridays" with snacks and drinks
If Softchoice and this role sound like a dream come true, please take a moment to apply online at softchoice.com. If your experience matches with our current needs, one of our friendly Talent Advisors will give you a call.