SGGG Fund Services Inc. (SGGG-FSI) is currently seeking to fill a full-time permanent position for the role of Software Developer. The successful candidate joining our existing software development team will be energetic, enthusiastic and reliable, and will have the opportunity to lead an effort in the development of financial services industry leading software.
Under the direction of the Software Development Lead, the Software Developer is responsible for the development, enhancement and testing an investment fund accounting system. As a member of the software development group you will be tasked with the development and enhancement of an in-house application system. The role will have responsibility for the delivery of applications which meet the needs of the users, in a timely and effective manner. You will work with business analysts and end-users of the system to help define requirements and develop software that meets the requirements. This represents a unique opportunity to be part of an established software development team that develops and implements new cutting-edge applications.
- Translate business requirements into technical understanding of the functions and features required.
- Work with users to develop functional requirements as an input to application design.
- Developing and testing detailed functional designs.
- Application design, development, testing, and deployment activities.
- Develop a professional and productive relationship with SGGG-FSI staff.
- Keep management informed of any and all issues that could have a Customer impact.
- Work to continually improve the processes associated with your assigned functions.
- Functional knowledge of object-oriented software design and development.
- Expertise in C#.NET application development, coding, testing, deployment & maintenance.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC is an asset, but not required.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL database development.
- Knowledge of WCF and XML web services, and the Service Oriented Architecture pattern.
- Proven track record of delivering software projects, on time.
- 2 – 4 years of overall application development experience.
- Knowledge of the investment fund industry systems, operations, technical and business processes (an asset, but not required).
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science (or equivalent experience in the field).
- Preference will be given to applicants with relevant certificates and training in Information Technology.
- Preference will be given to applicants with current training and skill-sets.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to prioritize and manage work.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
ABOUT SGGG FUND SERVICES INC.
SGGG-FSI has been providing third party Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency outsourcing services to investment funds since 1997, and offers a total solution to address all investment fund administrative requirements. SGGGFSI has experienced tremendous Client asset growth, and this trend is continuing. We currently have greater than $8 Billion in Assets under Administration (AUA) for our more than 100 individual Client firms, and service more than 250 different fund products. This has enabled us to develop a sophisticated understanding of our Clients’ needs; we act as a true administrative partner, allowing the Fund Manager to focus on managing their portfolios. SGGG-FSI can manage the Fund Valuation, Accounting & Financial Reporting, and Transfer Agent & Unitholder Recordkeeping needs of most any product type, for most any sized firm. We offer services worldwide through our Toronto head office, our international offshore offices in Cayman, and Malta, as well as our proprietary Portfolio Management system technology. SGGG-FSI is able to provide an immediate total administration solution for established product manufacturers, or a phased-in implementation approach to suit a "start-up" Client's growth over time.
Visit our websites to learn more:
SGGG Fund Services Inc. www.sgggFSI.com
SGGG Fund Services (Cayman) Inc. www.sgggfsiCAYMAN.ky
SGGG Fexco Fund Services (Malta) Ltd. www.sgggFEXSERV.com
SGGG Portfolio System Company Ltd. www.sgggPSC.com