As a member of one of our Client-focused Fund Valuation teams, the Fund Accountant is responsible primarily for producing a daily/weekly/monthly Net Asset Value Per Unit (NAVPU) for each assigned Client portfolio, in an accurate and timely manner. The position will also assist with and complete other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the accounting records of Client portfolios (trades, expenses, accruals, etc.).
- Develop a professional and productive relationship with Clients and FSI staff.
- Keep management informed of any and all issues that could have a Client impact.
- Work to continually improve the processes associated with your assigned functions.
- Minimum 2 years of Fund Valuation experience.
- Very strong in use of Microsoft Office (i.e. XLS) applications.
- Post secondary education (preferred, but not required).
- CSC or IFIC Mutual Funds Operations course (an asset, but not required).
- Possess or in process of obtaining a professional designation such as CGA, CMA, etc. (an asset, but not required).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to prioritize and manage work.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Client service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.