FAG Aerospace Canada, operating in Stratford, Ontario, Canada is a world class designer, developer, and manufacturer of bearings for the aerospace industry. A member of the Schaeffler Group, with 180 locations in 30 countries, this plant serves the North American aerospace market primarily supplying bearings for aircraft engines, engine systems, and helicopter drive train applications. Tapped into world-wide Corporate R&D and benchmarking infrastructure, this facility also drives technology development in the marketplace.
We currently have an opportunity for a Production Leader – Heat Treat. The Production Leader will be part of our location Manufacturing Team providing supervisory and technical leadership to the Heat Treat Department. This is an entry level developmental leadership position which will involve extensive training, development and mentorship. This role is based out of our Stratford Ontario manufacturing facility.
The incumbent will conduct her / himself in a manner that promotes and supports company policies, guidelines and mission statements and will be responsible for department performance as it relates to personnel management, safety, environment, quality, production and productivity, cost and continuous improvement.
The qualified candidate must / will:
- Have completed a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with an emphasis on Materials Science
- Be a team player with exceptional communication skills
- Be a self-starter, action and goal-oriented and possess a strong desire to lead and motivate others
- Develop a knowledge of precision manufacturing, have a clear business sense, exhibit strong problem solving and decision making abilities and demonstrate natural leadership
Some recent innovations of FAG Aerospace Canada:
- FAG is a key supplier of United Technologies Corp., GEAE, Honeywell, Sikorsky, US Military and many others
- World's first hybrid bearing (with exotic steel and ceramic rolling elements) for advanced technology military fighter jet engine
- Manufacturing cell with large, thin-section bearings up to 60" in diameter
- FAG Proprietary hardening process being introduced into production for extended wear resistance and increased bearing life