Engineering and Sales Representative (Trainee)
Schaeffler Canada Inc. is a world class designer, developer, and manufacturer of bearings for the Industrial Sector. A member of the Schaeffler Group, with 180 locations in 30 countries, our Canadian Industrial Sales and Engineering team serves various sectors supplying bearings for virtually any industrial application. Comprising Schaeffler's three main brands, INA is among the leading suppliers of rolling bearings, linear motion, as well as engine and transmission components. LuK is a key international source for automotive clutch, hydraulic and transmission systems. FAG is a major global supplier of bearings with core competencies in ball, taper, cylindrical and spherical bearing products. Together they move the world. Tapped into world-wide Corporate R&D and benchmarking infrastructure, Schaeffler drives technology development in the marketplace.
We currently have an opportunity for Engineering and Sales Representative (Trainee). This is an entry level developmental position which will involve extensive training, development and mentorship. This posiltion is one that develops top engineers into the future business leaders of our growing organization.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Works with a seasoned engineer / sales representative (a mentor) developing best practices and evolving into a leader at the Schaeffler Group as part of our Western Regional Sales and Engineering Team
The long term development associated with this role will involve:
- Providing commercial and technical assistance to the customers
- Calling on and working with current and potential customers and end-users in order to help set and achieve the sales and margin targets by generating new and repeat sales.
- Determining the market potential and goals to increase market share and report it to the company. Provide the required information for proper product forecasting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain good relations with customers
- Maintain an accurate product forecast for customers
- Communicate the customer’s requirements to the company
- Communicate the company’s capabilities to the customer
- Participate in training to improve interaction both external and internal
- Provide information on competitors to the company
- Develop and grow new projects and business opportunities for the company
- Provide encouragement and support to colleagues with the goal of continuous improvement
- Provide the Regional Sales Manager updates on sales, projects and progress within the region
- Support the concepts of relationship selling. Identify key decision-makers of existing and potential customers in order to promote a sound business relationship.
- Meet with customers to review their account in order to: determine purchasing, resolve any possible service/ product concerns, work with customers’ design and Engineering department to ensure Schaeffler product is used in new and existing designs
- Make presentations of Schaeffler product and service enhancements
Qualified candidates must / will:
- Have completed a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Be a team player with exceptional communication skills
- Be a self-starter, action and goal-oriented and possess a strong desire to lead others
- Develop a knowledge of precision bearings, have a clear business sense, exhibit strong problem solving and decision making abilities and demonstrate natural leadership
Formal prerequisites for the position (e.g. training, experience, education etc.)
- Technical abilities, from education facilities or experience
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Successful sales experience
- Good computer skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Edmonton, Alberta with significant travel in the province