Sales Audit Clerk
The retail drugstore in Canada has evolved; it's no longer just about dispensing pills to patients. At Rexall, we're integrating the successes of our past with innovations for our future, with a goal of becoming Canada's complete healthy daily living destination for the health conscious young family. With a long-standing reputation of respect and trust, Rexall's ability to deliver high-quality services and products is grounded in our core values and guiding principles. Our employees have established themselves as leaders in the field and it's easy to see why we've emerged as Canada's fastest-growing drugstore.
Rexall is proudly Canadian-owned and operated, with over 462 convenient locations in Central and Western Canada and more than 8,700 employees.
Reporting to Sales Audit Supervisor, responsible for ensuring complete and accurate sales submission from POS and Pharmacy system.
Weekly sales reporting for approximately 55 stores.
Entering and Sales Verification
- Perform weekly audits of stores transaction data, including bank deposit, coupon audit, voids/refunds, paid in/out's.
- Enter weekly sales for all non Autostar or non Nexxsys stores
- Receive and sort mail accordingly.
- Verify all sales information by running the web report to verify information is entered correctly.
- Communicate with store level staff regarding missing information.
- Identify any discrepancies in sales trend to ensure complete accuracy.
- Audit store receipts to ensure all Paid In/Out entries are allocated to the correct accounts and receipts are received.
- Investigate and journal all transactions posted to Miscellaneous to their respective accounts.
- Validate weekly lotto sales slip to the cash report.
Cash Summary Auditing
- Coordinate with stores to ensure all stores have sent in their weekly cash summary.
- Enter in non compliance report sent to operations.
- Verify all deposits are present and have bank stamps.
- Investigate outstanding deposits and inform Loss Prevention of any misappropriation or misuse of funds.
- Missing deposits should be investigated thru banking by providing a copy of the stamped slip.
- Investigate store cash Short/Over & Daily Doc.
- Verify all reports and back-up have been submitted properly.
- Take reports and verify the information stores entered is accurate.
- Communicate with stores of any discrepancies.
- Detect any violations of company policy and store operating and reporting procedures.
- Verify and confirm information from stores is correct.
- Cash application for all tenders.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 2-3 year College diploma in Business or Accounting preferred.
- 1 - 2 years continuous experience in a retail environment.
- Able to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new skills.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of the A/S 400 system is preferred.
- Basic Accounting knowledge for completions of bank reconciliations and journal entries.
- Knowledge JDE required.
- Understanding POS and Pharmacy Systems is an asset.
Context and Environment:
Fast paced office environment where daily interaction with various departments and store level management is a key requirement to this position. The jobholder must be able to perform under minimal supervision and make decisions accordingly. Requires a high attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines in a timely manner.
Must be able to effectively communicate cross-functionally with Loss Prevention staff, Store Front Shop/Rx Managers and Regional Directors.