Part-Time Pharmacy Assistant
The retail drugstore in Canada has evolved; it's no longer just about dispensing pills to patients. At Rexall, we're integrating the successes of our past with innovations for our future, with a goal of becoming Canada's complete healthy daily living destination for the health conscious young family. With a long-standing reputation of respect and trust, Rexall's ability to deliver high-quality services and products is grounded in our core values and guiding principles. Our employees have established themselves as leaders in the field and it's easy to see why we've emerged as Canada's fastest-growing drugstore.
Rexall is proudly Canadian-owned and operated, with over 462 convenient locations in Central and Western Canada and more than 8,700 employees.
The Pharmacy Assistant is responsible for assisting the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in properly dispensing medications to patients while providing exceptional customer service.
- Provide exemplary customer service that meets the Rexall standards.
- Supporting the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians with the execution of Rexall patient-focused services such as MedsChecksÂ™, pharmaceutical opinions, immunizations, smoking cessation, etc.
- Contributing to, and assisting in the achievement of, the pharmacy and overall store budgetary targets.
- Data entry and billing of prescriptions through Nexxsys, ensuring all required documentation is adequate and appropriate including (but not limited to) dosage and dosing intervals, third party billing restrictions, copayment management, coordination of benefits.
- Understanding, recognizing, resolving third party billing issues.
- Prescription preparation including regular prescriptions, compliance packaging, and simple compounding.
- Actively managing patient profiles including their enrollment in Rexall's Autofill programme.
- General OTC enquiries from patients and referral to a pharmacist where required and necessary.
- Handling customer prescription pick-up and assisting with cashier responsibilities, including administration of accounts receivables.
- Assisting in the management of site calendars, emails, scheduling patient care appointments (e.g. MedsCheckÂ™), calling patients for follow-ups, and the development of clinic days.
- Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Rexall Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Inventory management and reconciliation.
- Monitoring of site refrigeration temperatures and reporting any variances directly to the chief pharmacist.
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts, in addition to developing and maintaining professional relationships with local health care professionals, suppliers, allied health businesses, and private insurance payers.
- Other duties as assigned by the chief pharmacist or pharmacist on-duty.
- Familiar with Nexxsys software system preferred with proficient computer/data entry skills.
- Professional attitude; friendly and customer-service oriented
- Attentive to details and ability to multi-task
- Reliable, hard working and a quick learner
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience with Methadone