FT Registered Pharmacy Technician
At Rexall, Canada's leader in pharmacy healthcare, better patient outcomes start with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with us. Patients and their caregivers count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
The registered pharmacy technician (R.Ph.T.) is responsible for assisting the pharmacists in properly dispensing medications to patients and performs technical duties as set forth by the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP).
- Provide exemplary customer service that meets the Rexall standards.
- Supporting the pharmacists with the execution of Rexall patient-focused services such as MedsChecksÂ™, pharmaceutical opinions, immunizations, smoking cessation, etc.
- Actively contributing to, and assisting in, the achievement of the pharmacy and overall store budgetary targets.
- Sign technical aspects of prescriptions as per the approved guidelines set forth by the OCP.
- Receive verbal prescriptions as per the approved guidelines set forth by the OCP.
- Take on additional duties and responsibilities as per the approved and future guidelines set by the OCP.
- Data entry and billing of prescriptions through Nexxsys, ensuring all required documentation is adequate and appropriate including (but not limited to) dosage and dosing intervals, third party billing restrictions, copayment management, coordination of benefits.
- Understanding, recognizing, resolving third party billing issues.
- Prescription preparation including regular prescriptions, compliance packaging, and simple compounding.
- Actively managing patient profiles including their enrollment in Rexall's Autofill programme.
- General OTC enquiries from patients and referral to a pharmacist where required and necessary.
- Handling customer prescription pick-up and assisting with cashier responsibilities, including administration of accounts receivables.
- Assisting in the management of site calendars, emails, scheduling patient care appointments (e.g.MedsCheckÂ™), and the development of clinic days.
- Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Rexall Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable federal and provincial regulatory requirements.
- Inventory management and reconciliation.
- Monitoring of site refrigeration temperatures and reporting any variances directly to the chief pharmacist.
- Effectively communicate with both external and internal contacts, in addition to developing and maintaining professional relationships with local health care professionals, suppliers, allied health businesses, and private insurance payers.
- Other duties as assigned by the chief pharmacist or pharmacist on-duty.
- OCP Pharmacy Technician Registration.
- Experience in the industry, including third party billing issues.
- This position requires a significant degree of self-starting and independence, as well as a strong motivation to succeed.
- Strong communication skills in English as well as knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer proficiency (Nexxsys, Access Point, Microsoft Office).
- Seamlessly integrates into a highly interdependent team environment.