Beauty Advisor (Cosmetician)
At Rexall, Canada’s leader in pharmacy healthcare, better patient outcomes start with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with us. Patients and their caregivers count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
The Beauty Advisor (Cosmetician) is responsible providing confident customer service and professional image standards while enhancing, beautifying, improving, and correcting customer beauty concerns. The role is key to the overall wellness of the mind, body, and spirit of Rexall customers.
- Provide exemplary customer service that meets the Rexall standards.
- Sell cosmetic, dermatological, fragrance, hair care, body and bath, jewellery, hosiery, and other ancillary products through demonstration and education.
- Merchandising, presentation standards, and housekeeping of the cosmetic department.
- Support the Front Shop Manager and the Cosmetic Retail Coordinator with the execution of Rexall promotional events.
- Actively maintain and grow a client registry, including periodic follow-ups.
- Creatively identify customer leads and schedule appointments for dermatological skin tests.
- Contribute to, and assist in the achievement of, the store budgetary targets.
- General over-the-counter (OTC) enquiries from patients and referral to a pharmacist where required and necessary.
- Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Rexall Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Inventory management and reconciliation.
- Maintain positive and productive relations with vendors and suppliers.
- Maintain product knowledge and skill current, through continuing education courses and training.
- Other duties as assigned by the Front Shop Manager and the Cosmetic Retail Coordinator.
- This position requires a significant degree of self-starting and independence, as well as a strong motivation to succeed.
- Seamlessly integrates into a highly interdependent team environment.
- Basic skills in makeup artistry.
- Cosmetics certification preferred.
- Business acumen and ability to interpret basic reports and financial data.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Computer proficiency (Star Plus POS terminals, Microsoft Office).