Under general supervision of the Chief Radiology Technologist, performs procedures in ultrasound.
- Graduation from an approved ultrasound or radiology technology program and certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of ultrasound procedures and related equipment.
- ARDMS Certified
- Small parts
- Vascular (preferred)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with patients, departmental, medical and nursing staff and outside agencies.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to sustain attention to accuracy and detail in the operation of specialized equipment.
- Ability to work independently and adapt procedures to individual situations.
- Ability to keep abreast of technological developments in the field to ensure high standards of patient care.
Nestled in the Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, Vanderhoof is the geographical center of British Columbia. The Vanderhoof Bird Sanctuary, along the route of the Pacific Flyway is considered a mecca for bird watchers. The major industries include forestry and agriculture. Vanderhoof offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle. Local activities include golfing, skiing, horseback riding, curling, skating, bowling, tennis, fishing, boating, canoeing, water-skiing, hunting and camping. There are seven elementary schools, one secondary school and several private schools, as well as opportunities for continuing adult education.