Under general supervision of the Manager of Medical Imaging, performs procedures in ultrasound.
- Graduation from an approved ultrasound technology program and eligible for certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of ultrasound procedures and related equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with patients, departmental, medical and nursing staff and outside agencies.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to sustain attention to accuracy and detail in the operation of specialized equipment.
- Ability to work independently and adapt procedures to individual situations.
- Ability to keep abreast of technological developments in the field to ensure high standards of patient care.
PRINCE RUPERT COMMUNITY
Prince Rupert is a small marine-based port city with one-of-a-kind wilderness exploration and wildlife viewing experiences on Northwest BC's Pacific Coast. It's also a popular stop on various Alaskan cruises. Located 721 km (447 miles) west of Prince George on Highway 16, Prince Rupert is the land, air, and water transportation hub of British Columbia's North Coast, and home to some 12,815 people. The city is located at the mouth of the Skeena River, surrounded by Chatham Sound and many small, uninhabited islands. The area is perfect for exploring and discovering the fascinating history and customs of local First Nations people.