Residential & Recovery Clinician
Under the direction of the Residential and Recovery Team Leader, this position receives direct supervision from the Coordinator of Iris House, Residential & Recovery Services. The role provides clinical nursing care within a recovery model of care. This position works with an interdisciplinary team and assists with the day-to-day delivery of services needed for the recovery model of care.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing. RPN/RN. Current practicing membership with the College of Nurses of BC (CRNBC) and/or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurse Association of BC (CRPNBC).
- Two (2) years recent experience working directly in alcohol and drug treatment and/or mental health treatment.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment methodology and community based programming.
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions Co-Morbidity.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working within a community setting with adults with a mental illness.
- Knowledge of importance of relationship building, motivational and activation techniques.
- Computer skills.
- Good written and verbal reporting skills.
- Good organization, time and general management skills.
- Class V Drivers License and own transportation.
- Current criminal record check.
- Full understanding of the Community Care Facilities Act.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BCs Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings this is a true outdoor persons paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.