- Practicing nursing in accordance with the CRNBC Standards of Practice.
- Providing patient care to an assigned group of patients using Nursing Process and Nursing Knowledge.
- Collaborating and communicating with health team members in providing patient care.
- Adhering to the Nursing code of Ethics.
- Maintaining competency and acquiring new knowledge.
- Guiding of team members in Charge Nurse role.
Education, Training, Professional Registration Requirements and Experience
- Graduate of a Provincially recognized School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration with College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- A minimum of one year experience of the Staff Nurse level in an Acute Care Hospital is preferred.
- Experience in the Operating Room preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide guidance and motivation for staff.
- Ability to teach nursing techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including coworkers, physician, community agencies representatives, patients, and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The Hazeltons (there are three - Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are located 290 km (180 miles) east of Prince Rupert and 60 km (45 miles) west of Smithers on the Yellowhead Highway 16. Hazelton, also known as 'Old Hazelton' is located on the banks of the Skeena River about 7 km off Highway 16. Adjacent to the town, where the Bulkley and Skeena Rivers meet, is the site of the world famous 'Ksan Historical Village and Museum.
The District of New Hazelton is located in Northwest British Columbia and is situated between the Bulkley River and the stunning Roche De Boule Mountain Range. The area's natural beauty and pristine wilderness has made New Hazelton a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts.