Registered Laboratory Technologist - (Part Time)
Performs laboratory work and related duties in the fields of Biochemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, and Microbiology. Reports data obtained to the physicians.
- Successful completion of an approved course in Medical Technology.
- Registration with the British Columbia Society of Laboratory Science (BCSLS).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Accuracy in performance of duties.
- Ability to recognize discrepancies; to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to concentrate.
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Keen perception and good judgment are required.
FORT ST. JAMES COMMUNITY
Fort St. James is located on the Southeast shore of Stuart Lake. The total population, including the municipality itself, rural areas and First Nation reserves, is 4,757 people who benefit from an established forest industry and a growing tourism industry. The town is also a scenic gateway to a 300 km network of lakes and rivers.