Program Support (Casual)
Under the supervision of the Manager or Designate, and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position performs reception duties, administrative support functions and preventive services assistant functions to support programs in accordance with Northern Health policies and procedures. Performs duties such as word processing, data entry, client scheduling, preparing routine correspondence and reports, responding to inquiries, collecting fees, filing, operating office equipment, maintaining inventories of medical/surgical supplies, cleaning medical equipment and instruments. Delivers supplies and biologicals to health units as requested.
- Grade 12, a certificate from a recognized office administration certificate program, plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current valid Driver's License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, electronically, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to relate well to people of all ages.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal with others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.