Primary Care Assistant (Full Time)
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position works as part of an integrated administrative team by performing a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties including word processing, scheduling, physician billing, data entry, composing and signing correspondence, typing medical and legal reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Answers general and specific inquiries related to programs and services from clients, physicians, staff and the public. Assists physicians and/ or clinicians with the smooth operation and flow for patient visits and care.
- Grade 12, graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course from an accredited Community College, plus two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
- Ability to type a minimum 50 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.