Pharmacy Assistant (Casual)
Under the supervision of the St. John Hospital Charge Pharmacist assists in the transfer of pharmacy duties from nursing staff to pharmacy personnel. Responsible for providing services to Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre, The Pines Care Home, Granisle Community Health Centre, and Fraser Lake Community Health Centre, which includes: maintaining appropriate drug inventories at each site, liaising with healthcare professionals as a representative of the pharmacy department, assisting pharmacists provide pharmaceutical care to inpatients at Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre. Performs other tasks primarily of a clerical nature.
- Grade 12.
- Graduation from a Pharmacy Technician course.
- Plus two (2) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.