Pharmacy Assistant - (Casual)
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist measures, manufactures, compounds, packages, and distributes drugs and medications. Prepares and places purchase orders for pharmaceutical supplies, checks invoices against purchase orders and investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Grade 12.
- Graduation form a recognized Pharmacy Technician course plus
- One (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Dease Lake Community
The Stikine region is one of the most spectacular pristine wilderness areas remaining virtually untamed. The Stikine Region encompasses an area of 153,600 sq. km. and is the home of the Stikine River, one of the last freeflowing wilderness rivers in North America. The Stikine Region and Dease Lake are considered remote. Amenities usually taken for granted are absent. While there are basic services and goods available, mail orders and/or special deliveries are common. Dease Lake does have a small airport with regular scheduled flights from Smithers three times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). Dease Lake is a government center, supply and service point. Dease Lake offers affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle. What Dease Lake may lack in amenities, it makes up for in natural beauty and outdoor adventure such as camping, horseback riding, river rafting, fishing, boating, hiking, hunting, jetboating, wildlife viewing guided tours and flight seeing.