Operating Room Nurse
In accordance with established hospital policies and procedures provides and co-ordinates nursing care to assigned patients consistent with current standards of nursing practice and the clinical specialty of operating room nursing and post-anaesthetic care nursing. Nursing responsibilities include scheduled on-call responsibilities for emergency surgery and PACU assignment.
- Current practicing membership with CRNBC.
- Post diploma certification in operating room techniques and procedures, or post diploma course in post-anaesthetic care nursing, CPNC (national perioperative certification) desirable OR
- Equivalent combination of education, training and recent experience in O.R. and P.A.C.U.
- Critical care skills an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.