Medical Radiation Technologist/Medical Sonographer
Under general supervision, performs a variety of radiological and sonograhpic procedures, related equipment maintenance and quality control. Provides standby and callbacks for the Radiology & Ultrasound department where this schedule is provided.
- Graduation from an approved ultrasound program and certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or CARDUP.
- Graduation from an approved radiology technology program and registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists.
- Eligible for registration with the CAMRT and BCAM
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of equipment and operations.
Fort Nelson Community
Fort Nelson, located in the northernmost reaches of the Rocky Mountains, has magnificent scenery and landscapes. The country around Fort Nelson is enormous, which makes it worthwhile to spend a few days exploring the surrounding area. Take advantage of the terrific camping and hiking at local regional and provincial parks. Boat into wilderness areas like the Muskwa, Fort Nelson, Prophet, and Racing rivers, or enter the back country by ATV on designated routes, by horseback, or by snowmobile. Fort Nelson is one of British Columbia's wildest areas, therefore residents, industry, government, and conservationists have recognized the exceptional qualities of the Northern Rocky Mountain wilderness and have subsequently recommended part of the Fort Nelson area for special designation.