Medical Imaging Sonographer
Under general supervision, performs procedures in ultrasound.
- Graduation from an approved ultrasound program and certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or equivalent qualification.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize and coordinate the workload.
- Ability to perform related procedures and operate related equipment.
- Ability to work independently and adapt procedures to individual situations.
- Ability to keep abreast of technological developments in the field to ensure high standards of patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with patients, departmental, medical and nursing staff and outside agencies.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
PRINCE RUPERT COMMUNITY
Prince Rupert is a small marinebased port city with oneofakind wilderness exploration and wildlife viewing experiences on Northwest BC's Pacific Coast. It's also a popular stop on various Alaskan cruises. Located 721 km (447 miles) west of Prince George on Highway 16, Prince Rupert is the land, air, and water transportation hub of British Columbia's North Coast, and home to some 12,815 people. The city is located at the mouth of the Skeena River, surrounded by Chatham Sound and many small, uninhabited islands. The area is perfect for exploring and discovering the fascinating history and customs of local First Nations people.