Licensed Practical Nurse (Team Leader)
The LPN Team Leader provides supervision to direct care staff, performs nursing duties and procedures within the LPN scope of practice and provides assistance to residents. The Team Leader will promote an environment which encourages choices and independence for the residents. These functions will be carried out in accordance with facility policies and the NHA Mission Statement.
- Current registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC).
- One (1) year recent, related experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to supervise and to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Smithers is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges which provide a backdrop for the towns Alpine setting. The main industries include forestry, tourism, transportation and agriculture. Smithers offers affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle. Smithers offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The population of Smithers is approximately 5,414. There are three elementary schools, one secondary school and one alternate format school for grades 9 -12.