Licensed Practical Nurse - (Casual)
Under the direction of the Head Nurse or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures. The LPN functions in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and according to agency operating policies and standards and unit specific protocols. All emergency room patients are considered unstable, therefore, any orders received from physicians by a LPN must be reviewed by RN before processing and/or administration.
- Graduate of a recognized practical nurse program or equivalent.
- Current, full licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC).
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents, families, coworkers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
- Knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the CLPNBC. Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC's inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit's opportunities in the area.