General Duty Nurse
Under the direction of the Manager of Resident Care, provides direct client care according to established standards/policies. Coordinates activities and collaborates with others in providing health care services. Assesses physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, spiritual needs by planning, implementing and documenting the nursing care for an individual client or groups of clients.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC or Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of BC.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Experience in the specialty area applied for is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of position.
- Ability to organise work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to use judgement and organizational skills in providing care.
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing workloads.
- Ability to determine and deal with emergency situations, clients and families.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, physicians and other health care workers.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.