Under the direction of the Team Leader, ACT, is an integral part of the multidisciplinary Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team, who provides flexible, community based ACT services designed to promote stability, recovery and community integration. Maintains a primary caseload of 8 to 10 clients and in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team coordinates and provides ACT services for all clients on the team.
- First preference: Licensed to practice nursing in the Province of British Columbia under the Registered Nurses or Psychiatric Nurses Act: BSN plus two (2) years related experience in the mental health field within the last five years.
- Will consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to teach individuals and groups or family members.
- Computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and counseling skills with individuals and groups.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Class V Drivers license and access to reliable vehicle.
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BCs Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings this is a true outdoor persons paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.