Clinic Clerk/Receptionist (Casual)
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Clinic Clerk / Receptionist position performs a variety of clerical and reception functions such as; data entry and word processing functions, arranges and confirms room bookings, general record and file management, answering telephone and reception duties, assists with client intake, scheduling and confirming clinical appointments for both on-island and off-island specialist appointments, operation of office equipment and related software programs, receives and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, performs financial duties such as account receivable functions, and maintaining a petty cash account. Answers general and specific inquiries related to programs and services from clients, physicians, staff and the public.
- Grade 12, a certificate from a recognized office administration program plus six (6) months recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer applications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to keyboard 50 wpm.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to deal with others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
THE VILLAGE OF QUEEN CHARLOTTE
The Village of Queen Charlotte is a community full of art and culture. Gift shops and coffee shops scattered throughout the town display the works of various artists ranging from paintings, wood carving, pottery, Haida carving, glass work and handmade clothing. The community offers visitors and residents alike a unique opportunity for outdoor life experiences as well as the comfort and accessibility of a wide choice of restaurants, businesses and accommodations. The village is a friendly community with hospital, school and churches set within the beautiful pristine rain forest of the west coast.